BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, April 10, 2008

My dearest Sluggo...

...I cannot express how I long for you. It's been a while seen we have spent any quality time together. It feels the time we do get to spend is usually cut short for one reason or another. You seem distracted. Is it that damn internet keeping you so preoccupied? Or drugs? I hope it's not another woman. I try my best to be attentive, but I get distracted too with everyday responsibilities. I hope you know you are the only one for me because I know no one else is as satisfying. Even though you can be hard-headed, I know I can soften you up given the right conditions. Please give me another chance to prove to you that we are made for each other. I miss you terribly!

With love and kisses,

Nancy



(For those of you unfamiliar, Nancy was a character from a 1922 comic strip Fritzi Ritz:

  • Nancy, the titular and wily young lady who is constantly in the state of a daydream or confused plot.
  • Sluggo, Nancy's best friend. Sluggo is Nancy's age and is a poor boy from the wrong side of the tracks. There are strips that appear to place Sluggo as Nancy's boyfriend. He is portrayed as lazy, and his favorite pastime seems to be napping.
My husband and I of course have always had our own version of Nancy and Sluggo. I wont go into detail, but I'm sure you get the gist.)

1 comments:

The Dave said...

YAY for Sluggo!! I am sorry for how things have been lately, I have seem just a bit scatterbrained since the surgery and with the way things have been panning out lately I kinda feel like half a man so to speak!