BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April fools on me!

So I was taking my daily post work siesta upstairs in my room when I hear this loud crash. I look out the window thinking it was a car accident. My kids come running upstairs in a panic. "MOM! There's a HUGE hole in our window! Someone broke our window!" Theres a knock on the door. I'm frantically trying to throw on some pants. Dog barking, kids yelling, chaos. Someone now starts pounding on the front door. I run downstairs and answer the door. The cutest little boy is standing there and says to me, "Um, I'm not sure if it's your house or not, but I think I broke your window with my golf ball". I said "Yes, I think so too." He says "I'm really sorry. I was practicing hitting balls in the park(which is right behind our home)." I was in shock. If that were my kids, I'm sure they would be running and hiding. Maybe not. I'll go ahead and give them the benefit of the doubt. Anyway, I look past him to see if there are any of his parents around making him apologize and own up to what he did. Nobody. I tell him, "I appreciate your honesty, that is very brave of you to come tell me. I'll need to get your information because I'll have to call your parents to pay for the broken window". His face turns white. I was shocked once again, that he actually knew his address and phone number and I got his parents names. I told him thank you and started to close the door when he says "Um, I think my ball is still in your back yard." It then dawns on me what he was originally after. I told him I would give it to his mom or dad after I talk to them. I'm pretty sure he cried all the way home. Needless to say, the parents are really cool. The dad came over shortly after I called them to assess the damages. I'm sure my window will get fixed in a timely manner. Luckily it's double paned and only the outside is broken. This is NO April fools. Unfortunately.

2 comments:

Brigitte Ballard said...

Now that sucks. /sigh

I once had a group of kids throwing rocks at my huge window in the back of my house. Max went out and yelled for them to stop and it scared the shit out of them.

Anonymous said...

WHOA....hold up you blog? Why was I not made aware of this sooner? Looks like I have my night cut out for me! When I was a kid if I had broken a window it would have gone like this...."Fooooouuuurrr.......RUUUNNN!!!!!" Pretty good kid, even if he was only after his golf ball! Nan, I am excited to read your blog more!