BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, July 28, 2008

busy little bee me

Saturday we bought a very nice used couch and love seat from some mansion owners in North East Logan. It's only 1.5 years old, and a very comfy over-stuffed, micro-fiber style. We also hauled off our old set to D.I. My ass hurts from moving furniture! I am SO out of shape.
It's not necessarily the color I would like (Aggie Blue), but we can make it work. It was cheap. $350. Now, I know what you are thinking, cause we thought the same. We could go to Palmer's and buy a BRAND NEW set for $600. We decided to forgo new furniture for 2 reasons: Kids and cats. What's the point? Our last set barely survived 3 years. Now I understand why my grandparents covered their furniture in plastic.
Sunday and today I painted the remainder of our living room and re-arranged some decor. My living room is now blues, browns and tans with black furniture. I absolutely love it. It's really starting to look homey. We've lived here over 2 years now and I'm JUST getting around to fixing things up. I still have a lot of little things to do, like paint my green furniture black, hang some curtains, find some throw rugs, etc. Man decorating is a lot of money and work! I keep telling myself it's worth it. I will be SO happy when we can get a new flat panel TV and get rid of the monstrosity 10 year old big screen T.V. I'll try to get some pictures posted soon to share.

2 comments:

The Dave said...

Daddy likes his big screen.. but it is a big MOFO! Don't forget we also got a brand new bedding and mattress toppers for the bedroom as well.

Brigitte Ballard said...

I love new furniture. /sigh I actually love my leather set I have downstairs the most. From this day forward I will buy leather couches. They are soooooo easy to clean. Even easier than my microfiber.