BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Dawson makes a wish

So I was contacted recently by the Make-A-Wish foundation.
They have chosen Dawson to receive a wish.
We don't know the details yet.
Now you may all think like I did that the M.A.W.F. grants
only to kids as a "last dying wish" sort of thing.
Not so.
The M.A.W. representative explained it to me like this:
"It's a chance for the child and their families to enjoy something
together and make a lasting memory.
To not have to worry about money or the disease.
Even if it's just for a day."
How cool is that?
Dawson doesn't really know what he wants to wish for,
but they said they would have some experts meet with him
and help him figure it out.
When I asked him what he would wish for, he said to me;
"Can't we just donate the money to help them find a cure?"
He doesn't want to do this anymore.
He doesn't want anyone to have to do this anymore.
I know that whatever wish is granted to him that he deserves it.
More details to come...

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh, man. Tears! Sweet Dawson. I hope that he thinks of something fabulous!

The Dave said...

I think they'll either find a cure or something that nips the defective gene at the bud in his lifetime..